Debra is one of fourteen children of Bill Chapman (deceased) and Anna Maguire (deceased) of Ruby Creek, BC. She married David Schneider, from Prosser, Washington, in March of 1975, and he also belongs to a large family of 12. Debra and Dave have two wonderful children, a son, Jeremiah, and a daughter, Sharron. Jeremiah married Charlotte Humphries in July 2008 and they have 2 sons – Elouan David, born in 2014 and Noah Soliel, born in 2016. Sharron married Andrew Young in the summer of 2001 and they have two daughters Grace Debra, born in 2008 and Beth Marie, born in 2011. .
Debra has been on Skawahlook’s council for the past 20 years. As well, she is on various committees at Sto:lo Nation and keeps up to date on both political and treaty issues that affect our entire nation.
- Manager of Lands and Natural Resources- September 2002 to March 2005 and 2008 – present
- Manager of Big Foot Coffee Shop at Skawahlook- March 2005 to October 2007
- Skawahlook First Nation Band Councilor- 1993 to present
- Aboriginal Education Council for 2 years
- Member at large of Sto:lo National Board of Directors – July 2004 – 2010
Debra enjoys gardening, traveling, golfing and spending time with her grandchildren.